IntroductionWebFaction cares about your privacy. For this reason, we collect and use personal data only as it might be needed for us to deliver to you our world-class products, services and websites (collectively, our “Services”). Your personal data includes information such as:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Billing and payment information
- Candidate information (for job applicants)
- Other data collected that could directly or indirectly identify you
What personal data do we collect?We collect personal data so that we can provide the best possible experience when you utilise our Services. Much of what you likely consider personal data is collected directly from you when you: 1. create an account or purchase any of our Services (e.g.: billing information, including name, address, payment details);
2. request assistance from our customer support team (e.g.: phone number, case notes);
3. complete contact forms or request newsletters or other information from us (e.g.: email); or
How we utilise personal dataWe strongly believe in both minimising the personal data we collect and limiting its use and purpose to only that (1) for which we have been given permission, (2) as necessary to deliver the Services you purchase or interact with, or (3) as we might be required or permitted for legal compliance or other lawful purposes. These uses include: Delivering, improving, updating and enhancing the Services we provide to you. We collect various personal data relating to your purchase, use and/or interactions with our Services. We utilise this personal data to:
- Improve and optimise the operation and performance of our Services (again, including our websites and mobile applications)
- Diagnose problems with and identify any security and compliance risks, errors, or needed enhancements to the Services
- Detect and prevent fraud and abuse of our Services and systems
- Collect aggregate statistics about use of the Services
- Understand and analyse how you use our Services and what products and services are most relevant to you
- Processing credit card payments
- Serving advertisements
- Conducting contests or surveys
- Performing analysis of our Services and customers demographics
- Communicating with you, such as by way of email or survey delivery
- Customer relationship management
- Security, risk management and compliance
- Recruiting support and related services.
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets (whether a result of liquidation, bankruptcy or otherwise), in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- if we sell, buy, merge, are acquired by, or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions, your personal data may be among the transferred assets.
- Text (SMS) messages
- Telephone calls
- Automated phone calls or text messages
How you can access, update or delete your personal dataTo easily access, view, update, delete or port your personal data (where available), or to update any subscription preferences, please sign into your Account in the WebFaction Control Panel and visit “Personal Data”. If you make a request to delete your personal data and that data is necessary for the products or services you have purchased, the request will be honoured only to the extent it is no longer necessary for any Services purchased or required for our legitimate business purposes or legal or contractual record keeping requirements. If you are unable for any reason to access your Personal Data page, you may also contact us by one of the methods described in the “Contact Us” section below.
How we secure, store and retain your personal dataWe follow generally accepted standards to store and protect the personal data we collect, both during transmission and once received and stored, including utilisation of encryption where appropriate. We retain personal data only for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested and thereafter for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes. These might include retention periods:
- mandated by law, contract or similar obligations applicable to our business operations;
- for preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal/contractual rights; or
- needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
‘Do Not Track’ notificationsSome browsers allow you to automatically notify websites you visit not to track you using a “Do Not Track” signal. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, we currently do not alter our practices when we receive a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” you may wish to visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
Age RestrictionsOur Services are available for purchase only for those over the age of 18. Our Services are not targeted to, intended to be consumed by or designed to entice individuals under the age of 18. If you know of or have reason to believe anyone under the age of 18 has provided us with any personal data, please contact us.
- By Mail: Attn: Office of the Data Protection Officer, Paragon Internet Group Ltd, 5th Floor, The Shipping Building, Old Vinyl Factory, 252-254 Blyth Road, Hayes, UB3 1HA.